Sign up for Throughput, our Email Newsletter!
April 15, 2012
Report from the 6th Annual PRCI Pipeline Program Research Exchange Meeting
The PRCI Pipeline Program hosted the 6th Annual Research Exchange Meeting on February 7-9, 2012 at the Marriott Mesa Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona. The primary goal of the meeting was to provide a forum for the deployment and exchange of important research results. These results were from recently completed research or from select ongoing research that had reached a key milestone. Attendance this year set a new record with more than 250 personnel participating.
Attendees included key researchers in the pipeline arena, many PRCI member company representatives and US and Canadian regulators. To accommodate the breadth of research, there were parallel technical tracks:
- Corrosion led by Committee Chair Laurie Perry of SoCalGas;
- Design, Materials and Construction led by Committee Chair Tom Zimmerman of Enbridge;
- Mechanical Damage led by Operations and Integrity Committee Chair, Mures Zaréa of GDF Suez;
- Operations and Integrity led by Committee Vice-chair John O’Brien of Chevron; and,
- Underground Storage led by Committee Chair Larry Kennedy.
This year’s Research Exchange featured a Roundtable Session on the State of Pipeline Industry Research and Development moderated by Mark Stephens, C-FER Technologies and featuring a panel of four highly-experienced industry collegues:
- Dave Johnson, Panhandle Energy
- John Kiefner, Kiefner & Associates
- Brian Leis, Battelle
- Robert Worthingham, TransCanada
We hope that you will plan to join us for the 2013 Research Exchange which is scheduled for February 5-7, 2013, in Dallas, Texas. Visit www.prci.org/index.php/site/video2 to experience the benefit and value of participating in the Research Exchange Meeting through the first-hand accounts of PRCI’s members.
For More Information