Sign up for Throughput, our Email Newsletter!
PRCI’s Value Proposition
Using the leverage generated by our members’ resource contributions to create a research forum of ideas and results producing solutions that assure the safe, reliable, environmentally sound, and cost-effective pipeline transportation of energy to consumers worldwide.
Because our operating model for research planning, execution, and deployment is founded on this Proposition, our members enjoy important benefits from their participation in PRCI across a spectrum of quantified benefits. These have been demonstrated, through formal benefit/cost studies of member participation, to yield consistently positive ratios in the range of 4:1 to 7:1 from reduced costs of operations and maintenance, inspection, materials, design, construction, and testing.
These benefits are substantially augmented by several important elements that are not immediately quantifiable but which are fundamental to both the development of research and its application, including:
- A professional research management infrastructure;
- A highly-leveraged research investment;
- The earliest access to emerging technology;
- A forum for the exchange of operating knowledge — problems and solutions — comprised of a peer group of industry experts;
- The opportunity to expand the knowledge base of the industry, the company, and the employee;
- Enhancing the credibility of the member and the industry through a commitment to planning for continuing improvement in system performance; and,
- Providing a forum for addressing unique, time-sensitive problems and a means to avoid duplicate efforts.
In 2010, an average annual Subscription of $197K provided a member with access to over $22MM of current research in which PRCI is the leader or a key participant.
What Members Tell Us
PRCI is unique in both the gas and liquid transmission industries:
- “No one does what PRCI does. If it didn’t exist, we’d have to do it ourselves. That would be extremely expensive, and I’m not sure we’d do it as well…”
- “Hazardous liquid interests are now being represented…”
- “PRCI has now broadened its base beyond just natural gas…and that makes it a much stronger institution…”
PRCI is a premier forum for ideas and developing industry consensus:
- “We view PRCI as the only place to really achieve technology transfer… and that alone is worth many times our membership dues…”
- “It opens up the global pipeline picture for us…”
- “We don’t have to spend money where work is already being done…”
PRCI is the best place to pursue R&D initiatives:
- “A convergence of mutual interests ensures that limited funding produces maximum results…”
- “Its reputation for accurate, useable information is unmatched…”
- “…it’s the only pipeline safety research vehicle…”